Ever wonder how some women just seem to have a good hair day every day? Or how their hair looks so effortlessly good? More often than not these women have picked up few â%u20AC%u0153good hair habitsâ%u20AC over the year. And you may be surprised some of them are daily habits that you can implement into your routine that could make a world of difference to your hair.
1. Avoid Heat Styling As much as possible: Heat can cause damage to your hair, but we all know avoiding heating styling is nearly impossible. That being said avoiding heating stylist as much as possible and replacing them with steam rollers or using a heat protectant spray can go a long way on your hair.
2. Keep hair clean: Itâ%u20AC%u2122s a common misconception that not shampooing your hair is better for it. While this may not be completely untrue, keeping your hair clean is a much better hair habit. Cleaning your hair is still good for it! It reduces split ends, provides moisture and gives hair an overall clean and shiny look!
3. Stay loyal: Stick to on brand when it comes to hair care products. Once you find one that works for you stick with it.
4. Eat Right: You may be surprised to learn that what you eat affects your hair! A diet rich in iron, zinc, and omega 3 fatty acids can help stimulate hair follicles for growth and leave you with an overall glosser more volumized look.
5. Limit Sun: The sun doesnâ%u20AC%u2122t just damage your skin, it can damage your hair as well but you may not notice. Limit your hairs sun exposure and prevent damage by applying a leave-in conditioner.
6. Get Regular Trims: Getting regular trims is a great habit to get into â%u20AC%u201C even when you’re growing out your hair! In order to keep your hair healthy, you need to get regular trims which can prevent split ends from forming as the hair cuticle splits.
7. Cool Showers: It can be tempting to turn up the heat and take a nice hot shower every day but when washing your hair you donâ%u20AC%u2122t want the water too hot. Excess heat can blast the volume out of your hair leaving you with limp locks. Use warm water to shampoo and cool water post conditioner rinse to lock in the nutrients.
8. Take Vitamins: Adding important vitamins you may be missing out on in your diet can really make a difference to your hair. Taking the right combo of vitamins and minerals can lead to fuller, shinier and stronger hair.